In cased you missed it, Outside Lands music festival (San Francisco) was last weekend and these were my makeup looks. I posted them on Instagram. While some beauties opted to wear little to no makeup (there's kind of a no-makeup makeup movement going on right now), I decided to have some fun!
I spotted this place on my way to the CalTrain station one day. I tried to sneak-a-peek inside, but was in a hurry, so I convinced some of my co-workers to come with me later that week and give the Polished Lounge a try.
Here's what I loved about the place:
* Salon was calm and serene. I couldn't hear any noise from the outside world.
* Music was at a good volume, so that one could sit back and relax or have a conversation amongst friends (a plus!).
* Big, soft cushy chairs to sink into.
* Friendly staff immediately offered soda, tea and water. Bonus: A warm wrap for your neck.
* Candy dishes strewn across ottomans in the middle of the room.
* The BEST nail polish selection I have ever seen. I'm talking Essie, OPI, Creative, you name it, they had it in any color you could imagine. Love the color? No problem, they most likely have an unopened bottle available for purchase.
* Basic mani included softening soak, warm-lotion massage, cuticle care, file and shape, followed by buff and polish - all for $17 bucks! STEAL.
My hands looked BEAUTIFUL!
I highly recommend the Polished Lounge in San Francisco to anyone looking for a salon that is quiet and relaxing. And it's so cute, it will make you wanna hold a little afternoon tea party there!
Image from The Polished Lounge website.