Drink of the Morning | Bolthouse Farms Daily Greens
I'm a big fan of Kimberly Snyders Glowing Green Smoothie - the one with lots of dark leafy green veggies - and when I'm on the go (or traveling) and don't have time to make it, I always look for a substitute. That's how I found this guy - Bolthouse Farms Daily Greens.
What I don't mind:
- it is not a smoothie, its definitely a juice so you won't be getting any of the fruit & veggie pulp in there
- the taste was definitely more on the green side of things, not fruity at all which I was perfectly fine with
What I love:
- its available at Safeway which is on my way to work
- the cost was around $2.5 to 3 dollars per bottle
- it was light and refreshing
What I don't love:
- it is flash pasteurized - heat is applied to kill spoilage microorganisms and extend shelf-life - destroying nutrients during the process as well.
- the first ingredient is "pear juice from concentrate" which was a bit deceiving as a pear was not on the front picture and I surprisingly couldn't even taste it
What I wish it had:
- more greens and lemon juice!!!!!!!!