Product Review | TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System
Well, here it is. Sorry it's taken me so long, but I'm one of those gals that takes her time with pricy products - gotta make sure the baby works! Plus, my skin takes about 3 to 4 weeks to adjust to a new foundation so I really wanted to spend some quality time with the TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System. Anyway, here's what I thought ...
- Right out of the box the instructions were extremely easy to follow. It was super simple to assemble.
- At first glance, TEMPTU seemed delicate and flimsy. But I've tugged and pulled - at times thought I broke it - but it's still intact and good as new. It's very durable.
- The system allows you to really customize your coverage. Not only can you adjust from Less to More on the Air Pressure Dial, but the AIRbrush Trigger gives you even more control (the more you pull back on the Trigger, the more coverage you'll get).TIP: If you're wondering how heavy coverage should be, spray it on your hand first, get a feel for where you have the AIRbrush Trigger pulled to. Then once you find the right amount, move it to your face. Also, the easiest way to avoid blotchiness is to "feel" where the air touches your face. If you remember the pattern and how many times you go over an area, things will look a lot more even.
- The pods last a really long time. I've been using the same one everyday for 1.5 months and I still haven't run out.Note: I have the dial down to Less.
- The shade finder on Sephora's site for TEMPTU is one of the most helpful ones I've come across. I learned that I had pink undertones and later on could easily pick darker shades for the summer time.
- TEMPTU goes on lightning fast! No more messy fingers and sponges. Foundation stays in the pods, not on the counter tops.TIP: Laura Merciers Oil-free Primer works perfectly with TEMPTU.
- Coverage is AMAZING. Life changing really. People do notice and give me a second take. My loving boyfriend says it takes about 10 years off - isn't he sweet! CHECK OUT the before and after photos.
- TEMPTU looks perfect in any light - I never feel like I have to hide from daylight. You'll also notice that my freckles and age spots seem to be less noticeable. And PS oiliness is a thing of the past!
- It's totally sweatproof. When I go to the gym and wipe my face, makeup doesn't come off on my towel. This also means that it doesn't come off on my clothing which is another bonus! YAY!
- This stuff stays on allllllll day without any touch-ups. At the end of a long day it still looks great.
The not so good...
- The pods were difficult to pull off for the first week or so - totally making my fingers hurt. Ouch!!! But I asked a Sephora cast member about this and she said it was totally normal with new pods and with time it would become easier. She was right, now it's a piece of cake.
- Traveling with the TEMPTU is a bit hard. There isn't a travel case so I've been wrapping it up and packing it carefully. So far so good, but I'm not sure how long I can keep doing this.
- If you are between shades, it becomes difficult because you can't blend foundation shades with the pod system. TIP: To help with shade issues and any dewiness that arises, I've been using Laura Mercier's Loose Setting Powder lightly on top (after TEMPTU has set for a minute or so) - a sprinkle of Beige for dewiness or a bit more to darken it up and Transparent for when I want to make it a tad lighter.It seems to do the trick.
- Applying the blush has still been an issue for me. There has only been a time or two where I have gotten it juuuust right, but I guess I'll keep practicing. TIP: You can still wear your normal blush over TEMPTU - just remember to let the foundation set for a minute or so. I've been wearing NARS Orgasm when I don't have time to fiddle with this blush.
TEMPTU is definitely not for the occasional makeup wearing gal. It's a serious beauty tool that requires patience and dedication. It took me about 1 to 2 weeks to finally get it right, to where it wasn't blotchy, but after all the trial and error I'm extremely happy with the result. I think its great for the makeup loving gal who wants to take things up a notch.
If the price seems too high, maybe this could be an investment for you and your besties to take on. You know, to use for special occasions. Maybe after trying it for a bit you may find that its worth the price tag.
Still not sure if TEMPTU is right for you?
Go to any participating Sephora store and have a cast member spray it on you. They will show you how to use the tool, even share special tips and techniques. You'll also be able to test for allergies and find the perfect foundation match.